Friday 20 April 2007

Missing HOME

Janet had lots of birthday presents today, unfortunately the son doesn't remember her birthday. She was quite sad actually. We all, Paul and Janet, Lily and bf, Rupert and gf and I went for a vietnamese dinner in some Victoria Street. A lot of people there. Though the food was not something different or extraordinary but it is just the same. I still think Chinese food is so much better. I miss spicy food.
I can't order spicy food last night cos none of them can eat spicy. Everyone ordered a dish and we share around and ate with rice. I ordered Sweet and Sour batter pork.

Chie, the one we had in DHL or the fat boy one is SO MUCH better. Even Maju Jaya is so much better. I have to admit it. I am missing DHL so much and the Nyonya corner. I miss Bak Kut Teh. I WANT TO GO HOME~!!! I miss soup. *sob sob*

Now i can understand why a lot of people choose to go home after completing their studies. I dont' speak for all cos i know of quite a number of people that prefer here than Malaysia. But it is not easy being so far away from home, missing all the good food, not being able to be with the family, no friends. I can now understand what it is like. I can see why Shieh Ling (cousin sister) was feeling so miserable here. Honestly, i am starting to understand how she feels.

When i was in the restaurant having dinner with my hostfamily and their partners, everybody had someone by their side. I felt so lonely and so left out. I miss my family. I miss my little niece. With her around, no matter how bad ur day, she can just brighten up ur day. She just needs to call me "Ee Ee." and use her little hand to grab my fingers and my heart will melt away. Looking at her, so fresh and young, so innocent and happy, so adorable. All stress, all tension, all worries are gone. I am sure my sister feels the same way and i think the daughter has a bigger impact on her than me.

I am here now, broadcasting to everyone, if ever any of you have the chance to come, PLEASE come visit me. Drop a line, email me, msg me, anything. I am really missing home.

1 comment:

Amane Chong said...

And i miss you too!
*MUAKS*