Thursday 19 April 2007

Too good to be true

Apologies for not updating. Got carried away with some other portfolios.

Okay. Where do i start? First of all, Happy Birthday Vinny. Sorry i didn't wish you earlier but hey, i remembered. Happy belated bithday to my BIL. Sent you a card so don't complain. Haha. Let me wish Angel happy birthday in advance as well. Have a blast babe.

Wow. Seems like ages and too much to say. I really do not know where to start.

Hmm...back to busy life in Uni. It is coming towards the second half of the semester and all final projects are starting to kick in. GOing to be a rather hectic 7 weeks. Been building models, doing presentation boards and presenting my work.

Got a little break today. Attended Mei Sze's graduation. CONGRATS, Babe~!!! You were rocking the Melbourne Convention Centre. It was a great graduation and makes me want to graduate faster. There were quite a number of students with PHD's and makes me want to do that as well. Imagine having people calling you Doctor.

Imagine this: Dr. Thoong Soo Yee. The first doctor in the Thoong/Thong family. Intriguing.

I should start growing money tree. *laughs*

This week has been quite rough. It makes me wonder again if i am actually in the right path, doing design. I just can't find or see myself being all creative and innovative. As i have mentioned before to many, if you give me a blank piece of paper, i can't just think of something and sketch it out. I have to refer mags, books for ideas and from there, brainstorm. Even then sometimes i feel my design is so simple. Just like the way i am.
I had a design presentation on last Tues. The lecturer was quite intrigue with my design and how i execute my idea and concept but it was just a plain simple design. I reckon any Tom, Dick or Harry can think of such idea.

For a moment there, i am lost. I love what i am doing. I enjoy what i am doing but is this Interior Design for me?

There is a comment from Teng, a thai friend saying that i dress all so grown up. And i was like, WHAT? I am almost 24. Am i suppose to dress like a little girl? Or short, skimpy skirts? So not me. Then he was shocked that i am so OLD. Yeah, everyone is.

I have been pondering. Am i trying to score and get distinctions or am i trying please my father? Am i really enjoying my course or am i too busy thinking of being the best? Am i trying to be somebody i am not?

No comments: