Wednesday 11 April 2007

Back to LIFE

Classes commence tomorrow.

Should i be happy?

Anyways, let me tell you about this awesome dish Janet cooked on Tuesday night. I think it is the BEST meal ever since my arrival here. She cooked this lamb dish from Kylie Kwong's recipe book. Some moroccan style lamb. She was suppose to bake it for about 1 hour and 45 minutes but that is way too long. So she decided to start a small fire outside in the garden and cook it. It will only take half the time.

Paul was furious about it cos he said open burning is illegal and tried to talk Janet out of it but to no avail. Janet has prepared everything since afternoon. She went on with it of course. As usual, nobody bothers about what she does, as long as they have food in their tummy.

I helped Janet prepare the lamb and the gravy. A lot of spices were added in this dish. The aroma itself is enough to make me hungry and drool. After preparing the dish, we took it out. We had a glass of wine, with some chips and sat on the chair in the garden and had a good chat. We enjoyed the weather and the night breeze. It wasn't so cold that night and there were clusters of stars. It was indeed a beautiful night. I was hungry of course.

After almost an hour, it was done. Went inside and ate it. The lamb was so tender and the sauce was just SUPERB. It was really good. I enjoyed that meal very much. Rupert, who had his dinner outside, tried a little. For the first time, he said that the meal was good and had more of it. The gravy was the best. We had bread with the gravy too.

After a good meal, Janet decided to take a break and only had spaghetti the next day for dinner. And everytime she makes that, it is never salty enough. I don't know why. I think she never added salt at all. But it was okay.

Today, she made Jamie Oliver vegetable curry and it was not something i'll want to remember. It is not salty, it is so coconutty and it's just not right. I am hardly full. The only thing i enjoyed was the papadum. Haha.

Enough of food already. I manage to finish my the draft of my business plan yesterday. I went to the library today to return the books and scan some pages. I wanted to borrow more but i still have a number of books at home. Don't want to carry too many. I did look for Pride and Prejudice. It wasn't the version i wanted. I could only get the Level 4 version but good enough. I just want to read the story and see how it varies from the movie.

I got my nose stucked to it and finished the entire book even before dinner. I couldn't put it down. And i told Janet about it and she dug up another Jane Austen book, Sense and Sensibility for me. I am not going to start now. I may not get enough sleep tonight if i do. Haha.

Oh well, it has been hot for the past few days but today was a little cooler.

Early to bed tonight. Early day tomorrow.

Cheers.

8 comments:

Amane Chong said...

i am currently reading Judith Mcnaught's novel. hahahaha!
And i can never finishes Jane Austin's book.. =.=" dunno why.

ahching said...

i no time for books...T.T

Soo Yee said...

judith?....

so ROMANTIC?

try Danielle steel
good

Amane Chong said...

Danielle steel?
She sounds so familiar to me...
i am still holding your cecelia ahern book! hahahah! and not finish yet!

Soo Yee said...

yeah....
try to find her book....
title: johhny's angel...
very good book
i reckon u'll like it and u will cry too
hehehehehehe

Ben said...

this part is 80% about before, during and after the meal...ahah :) I bet it was very nice for u to keep going on and on about it. I can't sleep...

Soo Yee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben said...
This comment has been removed by the author.