Thursday 27 December 2007

Graduation

19th December 2007 - My graduation day. I know i know. I am suppose to upload these pictures earlier but was busy with some other portfolios. What can i say about this day. Hmm...i woke up early, then went to shop for a decent top to wear for my graduation with Shoan, a young lad i met through Melanie. Everyone else was busy with their own family only to leave me alone with Shoan. I finally found something to wear and went straight home to get ready. To my astonishment, a lot of people came to our place to get ready. Albert came about 3pm to bathe and dress up. And some other people too. The place was crowded.
After Jia Ning bathed, i went on to get ready and put on some make up and off we go to the Harthown Town Hall for our graduation. We had to try our gown and get everything ready. Then of course it's photo taking session. I went to sign up for a package to take my graduation pictures which costs me like AUD$180. They will send it straight back to my home in Penang of course. I hope it turn out nice. The photographers were really good and one of them keep asking us to say "More Money." I reckon he was just trying to make us smile.

My cell group friends all came. Hermin was the first one to arrive but i was too busy to entertain him as i was running around looking for people and taking pictures. Poor Shoan was left alone too holding my camera and my flowers.

Ee Laine and the cell bought a bouquet of flowers for me too. They were beautiful. I got another bouquet from my sis and bil.

It was then time for us to queue up and there was a short briefing in the chandelier room. The blowpipes went on and it was time to go into the hall. I have to tell you, i was so happy i just couldn't stop smiling. I was just that happy.

Okay...these are some pics taken before the ceremony.....



Han Hong, Me and Jia Ning....These lilies are from my sis and bil. They were really beautiful but too bad they were all still sleeping. Haha...


I have no idea why the both of them are sleeping....=)


Okay...this is Melanie, my coursemate and a good friend too. The other guy is Thayalan. I've just met him through Mel. Both of them are also from Malaysia. And of course you can see Hong running to us for photo.


So here....Hong is included in the picture...


Then another thick-skin fella Albert, came into the picture as well.


Ahh....finally....just Us...And oh...the roses are from Ee Laine and the cell group.


And here....we entered into the hall. The town hall looks really colonial and it is really nice. Very warm. As you can see...all the graduands are entering the hall.



That is me...I know it is a little blur but it is me...and the deputy chancellor...

When it was almost my turn to go up the stage, i was really nervous and excited. There were butterflies in my stomach and i was shaking. I have no idea why. Then i took a moment to dedicate this very moment to my father, for i've finally done it. I am sure where ever he is right now, he would have been really proud of me. I nearly broke into tears but i just controlled myself really well. And as i went up, there were people cheering. Jia Ning was shouting, so were a few of my other friends and my cell group members too. I was so embarrassed i didn't know where to hide my face.
And the most shocking thing was...the chancellor actually remembered my name. He congratulated me and called me by my name. Wow.

Well, there is a video on my graduation and it is only available for downloading next year so once i get it, i will upload it. No worries.

Below are pictures taken after the ceremony....


Henry, Me, Albert and Sean. Henry is from Sarawak like Albert. He is a PR here and currently working. Sean is from Sri Lanka and he is working in Crown, earning big bucks i reckon.


The cheeky Albert with the girls...lucky guy.


The cell group that attended my graduation.


Ok...from the back from left we have Henry, Ferryan from Indo, Hermin from Indo, Sean, Yonk from Indo, Edwin from Indo.
The middle row we have Chang Wei from Kuantan, Albert, Tince from Indo, Ee Laine, Teresa from China.
First row of course there is me and Phyllis from Hong Kong.


In this pic, we have Pauline, Yunnie, Jun Fei, Me and Albert. All from Malaysia.


Jun Fei and I


Yunnie and I


Ee ee and I


This is Harry from Hong Kong. Funny dude.


Closer look at the stage or the town hall.


Natasha and I. You wouldn't believe it but i have known this girl since she was 9 and i was 12. And we just met again after so many years through Hong. We are great friends now.


Natasha and the bf, Daniel.


Julia from Indo, Ashton and Meng Jiunn both from KL. Both these guys are working part time as bar tenders in the Crown.


Hong and I.


Fools...


I couldn't stand it anymore. It was really hot and i just had to return my gown. But albert was still moseying along with his gown...showing off...hahahaha




Hong entered the scene and I took the hood from Albert.


the guy on the far left is Ian. We were great friends at first but somehow all of us drifted apart.



Nith (the girl in red) just arrived and she is also in my cell group. She is from Laos. The funny guy at the front is Jeremy and the gf Eevonne next to Nith. Funny young lad that Jeremy. He was like a clown on stage when receiving his award. Joker of the day.


I have no idea what Hermin was doing. In my hand is the AUD$20,000 scroll.

I have to say....my own family wasn't here to witness this rather significant day but these people were. And they are my family here in Melbourne. They've been a great friends, brothers and sisters and companion to me. I really want to thank all of them for actually taking the time and effort to be there for my graduation. Of course we had dinner after that. Without them, i don't think my graduation would have been any fun at all. They were there to support me and give me encouragement. This year has been a year of many ups and downs but nevertheless, they were always by my side. I really want to express my deepest gratitude to them especially Ee ee, Hermin, Tince, Nith and Geary.

Even to Jia Ning and Jun Fei. The last 3 months of my stay here has been great. Meng Jiunn has been an angel too...allowing me to use his room to put my things and use his internet connection. And the Johnny and Ash, you guys have been great too. I am sorry i never had the chance to know you guys better or spend more time but i will never forget what you guys have done for me. Thank you.

Mel, Kamil, Fiona's class wouldn't have been that much fun without the two of you. Hahaha...

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL....i will miss you guys and i will miss Melbourne very much...

No comments: