Monday 3 December 2007

December again...

It is end of the year yet again. I can't believe that I am actually graduating in a few weeks time. I am suppose to be jumping with joy that it is finally over but i am not. The thought of working is frightening. The idea of being an adult itself is scary. Commitments, responsibilities, politics, bla bla bla....

My results are coming out this Saturday and i really hope this time around i am going to ace them. This semester has been quite a big leap for me indeed. But the next question is where do i go from here.

I am trying to keep my options open. I want to go where the wind blows. The world is an adventure. I don't know if this is crazy but i don't want to just settle down in Malaysia. Not that i hate my country that much but i just want to explore. I want to be out there. Is it possible?

Here i am wondering about my future, about my career, about the next step. And instead of facing it, i reckon i am trying to run away from it. There is this book my friend, Ming recommended, "Designers are wankers." It is not what you think. I have not finished reading this book but this book is rather interesting. It talks about us the next step for us graduates and students. Where our future lies and where to go or what to do as we step out from the college and uni life.

"Who you are is what you do." Finding your own style and developing it over time may prove to be your greatest asset.

This statement itself is so true. When i first started interior design course, it was just pure passion for interior. But as i indulge myself further into the design world and the design philosophy, there is so much to design. Design is everywhere, in our everyday life. Everything we see, we use, we do is design. So are designers really wankers?

Anyhow, i know it has been some time since i update my blog and i owe everyone some pictures. Hang in here...

No comments: