Wednesday 19 September 2007

The Rocks

This place is so colonial....practically all shops, buildings are built with stones or rocks. The name speaks for all. I was lucky to get there on a Sunday as they have this craft market open only during the weekends.

It was Sunday and i was suppose to go for the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb but my dear Andrew was too lazy to spend so many hours up there. Therefore, he took me to The Rocks and Bondi Beach. I had a great time with him though. The Rocks is an interesting place. Felt like i was in another country...perhaps in Venice or something....

Bondi Beach was a little disappointing though. I was expecting a little more after being to Manly. I didn't take any pics at the Bondi Beach. Haha..too disappointed i reckon. Anyway, when i reached Bondi, i was like "Is that it?" And Andrew was like...ok...now he feels even worse for not going to the climb with me. He was apologizing and trying to make it up to me for not going for the climb but i was trying to convince him that it was alright as i can do it alone the next day. No biggies about it. I wasn't trying to make him feel bad in any way but he felt it.

It wasn't that bad once we got off the bus and walked along the beach. We wanted to have dinner there before returning but mom was alone. So we decided to go back and feeling bad, Andrew planned to give mom and i a treat to a good restaurant. He was trying to think of a good place to bring us to make it up to me. Again and again, i keep telling him that it is ok....

Oh well, somebody wants to give me a treat...i shouldn't be complaining right???

In the end, we had dinner with my granduncle and grandaunt, uncle and my neighbour's sister. Neighbour back in my Penang house. The sister stays here and that was the first time meeting her and she was so nice to bring all of us out to dinner.

Anyway, quite a day for us and again....thank you Andrew for being the tour guide and taking the time to entertain me...and not forgetting trying to make it up to me...hahahaha...hilarious...



View of the Opera House from The Rocks...Better view dun ya reckon???


I forgot what building is this...at Circular Quay


Welcome to The Rocks...




The Structure of the Sydney Harbour Bridge from below...


I love my Shadow...all rocky...


The craft market...i didn't buy anything....cos....well, i normally dun shop with people who i know doesn't enjoy shopping and here i meant Andrew...Haha....He once told me that he doesn't mind being the tour guide and all but dun ever invite him to go shopping. He hates it and he is still wondering how a girl can shop for hours...


I just find this interesting...they are made of paper and u can just assemble them easily and by urself..


Colonial right???


my fav view...so abstract

No comments: