Wednesday 19 September 2007

Back to Melbourne

I am back in Melbourne and couldn't feel more lonely. After having my mom here for 2 weeks and then to Sydney for almost a week, being back here feels so lonely and quiet. I am starting to feel homesick again. Today is my chinese birthday - 8th of the 8th month on the lunar calendar. Nice date huh? All the eights...

Newayz, i miss my mom, i miss dar, i miss yu myn....i miss home. I so want to move out and be with someone and not myself. I was telling Ben that i have not actually been on my own before without a relative or family around. I was in UTAR staying with my cousin bro. Then to LUCT, putting up at my sis's place. Therefore, this is pretty much my first time being on my own. Ben reckons i am spoilt. Oh well, i am not denying it but being so far away from everyone makes me feel so homesick.

I can't believe my birthday is over, Sydney is over, it's back to the reality world again. Dreadful.

A lot of people asked me what i think about Sydney compared to Melbourne. And some said if you like Sydney, you'll hate Melbourne and vice versa.

Honestly, my first impression about Sydney wasn't that good. The roads are so much narrower, more confusing, life is more hectic and definitely not as homely as Melbourne. The city is very hilly...up and down, up and down. Reminds me a lot of the Princess Diaries movie - first one. Nevertheless, i am starting to actually like Sydney. It's a lot like KL but transportation in Sydney is so much better. More expensive than Melbourne though.

Sydney is actually very beautiful and it's a pity i didn't get to spend more time in Sydney for there is much more to explore and see. So much more to discover.

Melbourne has a lot more parks than Sydney, the town planning is much more organized and orderly compared to Sydney. Somehow Sydney is more er....natural....not planned. More spontaneous but can be very confusing. I have never thought of Australia to be a beautiful place but now, i have to take back my words. Spending it with some relatives definitely made it even more beautiful than ever.

Any fav place? Er...not really. I was most of the time in the city or somewhere near the city. I definitely do not know how the suburbs are like so no comments on that. I am sure it's not that bad either. I will definitely go back to Sydney again if i have the chance end of the year. This time...hopefully with my family again and Ben...

I miss home....

No comments: