Wednesday 30 May 2007

3D again

Okay. I only had like 13 hours of sleep last week from Monday to Saturday cos i need to have my work done. But i did put back in all the sleep on saturday night. I slept right after dinner which is about 8pm till the next day 11.15am. Quite a bit of sleep don't you reckon?
Then again on Sunday i had to continue with my work again. I have hung up my presentation board for Exhibition Design and the presentation is tomorrow. Quite nervous actually. The external examiner is a lady and she is quite a pain. Wow. But the good news is, Ben is coming to visit me on Thursday night itself. I have to meet him when he arrives at night.
On friday, i have another presentation on my business plan but this time it is a group work. I am doing quite well with that subject. The lecturer is really nice and he is trying to make it possible for us to get a HD for it. (High Distinction). He said why settle for a D(Distinction) when we can get a HD. Pray hard.
Somehow i feel my design ain't that good enough but HOng keep insisting that my Exhibition is so nice and structural. But i have to say, my rendering ain't that good. The thing is, i can't understand people sometimes. This is my first time with 3d max and i am not doing such a terrific job with it as i have not really explored everything. I asked Hong for his help and somehow it didn't turn out that nice. It's as if he doens't really want to help or maybe he's scared other's will turn out nicer than his. With my first 3d assignment, i have feedbacks from friends saying that it is not bright enough. It is not that nice. But he said it's good enough. Bright enough. On the other hand, he helped others and their work is like so much nicer. I just can't understand. The wonderful thing is, i need his help cos i am really not good in 3D and i am just learning. He has some experince in it.
Right now, i am doing another 3d animation work. I feel it's not so nice also. He keep saying nice. Somehow he helped others like so much nicer than mine. Maybe i am being too sensitive or being too negative about my work. I have no idea. But honestly, his rendering is nice but mine really sucks. and he complains to me that he's scared of his presentation cos his concept is not strong. But i told him is work is really nice. Then he said only the rendering is nice but the concept is not strong. Then i was like WHAT? meaning my rendering is not nice but my my concept is strong.
Honestly, when he helps me, he doesn't care about how it really looks. And keep telling me not to do this and that cos going to render very long, then say the lighting enough lar. This and That. But when he helped others, theirs is like SO NICE. The rendering i mean.
Well, like my mom always say, when you need people's help and when people help you, what more can you complain. When you want things done well, you have to do it yourself. Sad but it's true. I guess i really need to catch up on my 3D during the hols and learn some new programs as well. I wonder where i can learn and who can teach me. Anyone you guys know? or any tutorial books, website that i can learn? I plan to learn solidworks. Sounds easy and good to use.
Hai~!!! I don't know if i am being too kiasu that i think my work is not good enough or not the best. I guess i have been trying to be the best a little too much. Being the top in LUCT most of the time is killing me here. People here are so much more experience and they range from people younger than me to older than me.
I guess i am just not the type of person who just wants to pass like Hong. I really want to do well. I mean considering i am trying to get a scholarship to continue my studies. I am just trying to get at least all Distinctions and do better the next semester to qualify for the scholarship.
What do you guys think? Is Hong being a little bit selfish or am i being over sensitive over the matter?

Stress-ed........

Cheers.

1 comment:

ahching said...

Erm....aih...We have to depends on ourselves liao sometimes...aih....the real world...